Having a missing tooth does ruin not only your smile but also your comfort level. Having gaps in your teeth can make you feel uncomfortable eating, speaking, and sometimes even sleeping. Getting a denture is the easiest solution to all these problems. A denture is a removable false or artificial tooth. It acts as a replacement to a missing tooth or a set of teeth.
Are you confused about the different types of dentures bakersfield dental professionals have available and which type of denture is the best one for you? Read on to know.
What are the Different Types of Dentures, and Which Option is the Best for You?
You can choose one of the multiple types of dentures depending upon your comfort and tooth situation.
· Partial Dentures: These consist of one or more removable teeth, supported by a gum-colored base and a metal frame. You can use this when you do not want to replace all your teeth.
· Complete Dentures: This is a good option if you want a replacement for all of your teeth. These dentures are placed on your gums after 8-12 weeks of tooth removal.
· Immediate Dentures: A full set of teeth that are prepared in advance, this type of denture can be placed immediately after tooth extraction.
· Custom Dentures: You can get a set of dentures customized to match your other teeth.
· Snap-In Dentures: Snap-in dentures are removable and fixed to the gums with a dental implant. It is an alternative to complete dentures, provided your gums are strong enough to support an implant.
The best option for you depends on your tooth condition and your comfort level. It is highly recommended you consult with your regular dentist or a denture specialist before reaching a decision.Read More →